Important Information Regarding COVID-19
UPDATED OFFICE INFORMATION
WE APPRECIATE YOUR COOPERATION WITH OUR COVID-19 APPOINTMENT POLICIES:
- If you have been Fully-Vaccinated or have Antibodies of COVID-19 a mask is optional, except in certain high virus transmission areas. Please let the staff know if you have medical conditions or are taking immunity-suppressing therapies so we may adjust to your needs.
- For everyone’s safety we use a HEPA air filtration system, continue temperature screenings, and clean surfaces & equipment regularly.
- New Patients: Remember to pre-register through our on-line Registration Portal.
- If you have not done so at our office or through our Registration Portal, please provide a copy of the front and back of your medical health insurance card to: [email protected]
- Please kindly reschedule your appointment if you, a household member, or someone you have close contact with have had any of the following: 1. tested positive for COVID-19 within the last 3 weeks, 2. have symptoms of COVID-19 (cough, fever, shortness of breath, sudden loss of taste or smell, etc.).
In recognition of ongoing news reports and the continued spread of the COVID-19 virus, we realize our patients have questions. As dedicated health care professionals, we want you to know that we remain as diligent as ever in protecting the health and safety of our patients and staff. Our practice strictly adheres to and exceeds the standards for infection control by using hospital-grade disinfectants, practicing the latest sterilization and social distancing protocols, utilizing single-use disposable materials, and more. Every effort we have in place is to ensure the safety of our patients and staff. We want you to know that we are monitoring this situation very closely, and we will keep you updated regularly.
Symptoms of coronavirus are reported as flu-like, with varying degrees of severity. While we do not know everything about this virus to date, individuals who are elderly and/or immunocompromised appear to be the most at risk of a severe infection. To ensure your health and safety, and the health and safety of everyone at our practice, please reschedule your appointment if you or a member of your household has a cough, fever, and/or flu-like symptoms.
We thank you in advance and extend our gratitude for your understanding and cooperation. Together, we can help keep everyone as safe and healthy as possible. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our office, and one of our staff members will be more than happy to assist you.
For further information, including measures to keep yourself healthy, visit the following links: